The Microsoft Exchange Team released an update of the (take a deep breath) Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator. The latest version is 3.2 and it includes new features, improvements as well as some fixes. Here are some of the changes since 1.2:
- Hub Transport & Client Access Server core calculations;
- Possibility to change the number of databases;
- Support for 2-node site resilient DAGs;
- 1 & 6 core options;
- RAID 5 & 6 non-selectable for low-RPM drives;
- Conditional formatting to warn for misconfigurations.
For the complete changelog consult the version changes sheet. Note that the new calculator doesn’t support the Active/Active scenario. When required, it is suggested to use two calculation files:
- One for the Primary site using the Seconday site as Disaster Recovery site;
- One for the Secondary site with the Primary site as Disaster Recovery site.
To download the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator
v3.2 click here.