It’s been long wait since the release of Exchange 2013, but today the Exchange Team finally released the first version of the Exchange 2013 Server Role Requirements Calculator. This initial release is numbered version 5.1.
Some of the highlights over the Exchange 2010 calculator, mostly due to changes in the architecture, are:
- The calculator includes transport sizing (hence the name, I guess);
- Accommodating for Client Access Server role with sizing for multi-role server deployments;
- Support for multiple databases / JBOD volumes;
- Configurable witness server location (primary, secondary or tertiary data center);
- Configurable server names and database prefixes for generated scripts;
- Generated scripts include script for DAG creation;
- Support for single HA, Act/Pas and Act/Act distribution models.
You can download the calculator here. For more information, please consult the documentation here.
Pingback: Smtp25 » Exchange Tools: Exchange 2013 Server Role Requirements Calculator