The Exchange team published an update for the Exchange 2013 Server Role Requirements Calculator as well. The new version number is 7.6.
Changes since version 6.6:
- Added support for ReplayLagManager
- Added support for PreferredMaximumActiveDatabases
- Added new table that exposes theoretical CPU utilization for each mode (normal runtime, first server failure, second server failure, site failure, site failure + 1 failure)
- Added Restore-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup scenario support in Distribution algorithm
- Added warning about designs that include more than24 processor cores / server and 96GB of memory
- Added support for DAGs without Administrative Access Point (default behavior is no administrative access point) in the CreateDAG script
- Changed default for Deleted Item Retention in export file to be the highest profile value for Deleted Item Retention
- Changed default for Circular Logging in export file to be true when using Exchange Native Protection
- Added ability to save scripts and CSV files to OneDrive for Business
- Fixed CreateDAG.ps1 script error for DAG creation without administrative IP address
- Modified CreateMBDatabases.ps1 to ignore CircularLogging choice and modified CreateMBDatabaseCopies.ps1 to enforce CircularLogging choice
- Fixed Export DAG list function to use the correct value for MaximumActiveDatabases
- Added support for MaximumPreferredActiveDatabases and AutoDatabaseMountDial in Export DAG List function and createdag.ps1
- Modified CreateMBDatabaseCopies.ps1 to remove sleep timer, improving copy creation significantly
- Fixed createdag.ps1 to not generate an error when there is no alternate witness server provided
Fixes since version 6.6:
- Fixed an issue that prevented the calculator from displaying results when site resilience was disabled while Active/Active (Single DAG) was selected
- Changed Processor Cores/Server to not use a list drop down, thereby enabling customers to enter in configurations they are deploying.
- Fixed bugs in Diskpart script with PrepareAutoReseedVolume switch and WhatIf processing
- Fixed bug in Diskpart with escaping quotes in some languages
Fixed bug with display of lag copies in single site design
- Fixed multiple databases / volume calculation to take into account symmetric designs that utilize an odd number of servers in a single site
- Fixed scenario to count number of servers in A/P scenario where the only copy deployed in DR is a lagged copy
- Fixed #NAME error in Database Copy Configuration table for standalone configurations
- Updated DC1 memory sizing to take into account site failure mode for A/A (Single DAG) designs involving a 2 copy architectures
- Updated Distribution Tab error reporting and Lastrow calculation
- Fixed copy count validation formula for site resilient scenarios to not allow more copies in the primary datacenter than the number of servers
- Added support for 10TB and 12TB capacity disks
- Fixed run-time error on distribution tab when disabling site resilience
- Fixed distribution error when disabling cross-site failover
- Fixed bug in Distribution tab ActiveServer formula when modeling Cross Site Failover behavior
- Fixed an issue with the distribution tab throwing an error when two files were opened at the same time
- Fixed distribution algorithm where lagged copies were not always represented correctly
- Blocked unsupported A/A (Single DAG) scenario where copy count is not the same in both datacenters
You can download the calculator here. For more information, please consult the list of changes here or Read Me here.
Pingback: Weekly IT Newsletter – June 22-26, 2015 | Just a Lync Guy
Pingback: NeWay Technologies – Weekly Newsletter #153 – June 26, 2015 | NeWay
HI, I quickly need Exchange Server Role Requirements Calculator v7.6 & 7.7. could you pls. share.
Why you need an older version of the calculator?