Only 10 days after the release of the first public version of the Exchange 2013 Server Role Requirements Calculator, the calculator gets an update. The new version number is 5.6.
Changes since version 5.1:
- Optimized Volume Design Architecture Formula
- Fixed Recommended Min Number of GC Cores (Secondary Datacenter)” calculation to use SDC instead of PDC CAS count.
- Fixed CPU comments and removed erroneous information.
- Fixed multiple conditional formatting bugs.
- Fixed problem where this workbook had to be the active workbook at all times.
- Fixed problem with extra-wide Fail Server button on the distribution worksheet.
- Enabled variable based tracing.
- Resolved VBA Divide by Zero error caused by DiskGroup = 0.
- Fixed problem with lagged copies in conjunction with multiple databases per volume.
- Fixed missing “\” character in path names in MailboxDatabases.csv file.
- Fixed problem with WAN failure simulation.
- Fixed calcNumAMBXServersDC2 to ensure it cannot have more servers that primary site.
- Fixed calculated IO Multiplication factor formulas to take into consideration IOPS override.
- Added condition to validate that there are enough copies for multiple databases/volume scenario.
- Fixed conditional formatting and JBOD storage results when JBOD evaluation is disabled.
You can download the calculator here. For more information please consult the release notes and read me.
Pingback: NeWay Technologies – Weekly Newsletter #44 – May 24, 2013 | NeWay