After last years NGN Exchange event, where I presented a session on Exchange Autodiscover, it was time for a followup. This event took place on May 19th and had a turn up of about 80 attendees, which was better than expected given the fact this was a non-free NGN event unlike last year. Early questions indicated large part of the attendees are still on Exchange 2003, though the figure has dropped a bit from last year’s 80%.
I held a duo-presentation with Maarten Piederiet on the topic PowerShell and the Exchange 2003 Administrator. A fingers up poll also showed lots of people still working with batchfiles, VBScript or KiXtart. This was expected, so our topic was spot on since we included PowerShell primer topics. Of course, this 45 minute session doesn’t replace a proper PowerShell course, let alone a course for decent development skills but our goal was to get people enthusiastic by demonstrating how simple yet powerful PowerShell is.
Besides presenting, which went a lot better than last year on a side note, it was also a time to catch up with fellow Exchange MVPs and enjoy discussions with attendees during the Ask The Expert breaks.
Below you’ll find the presenters’ slidedecks in PDF format. Note that the presentations are in Dutch.
- Nieuwe mogelijkheden Exchange Server 2010 (Jaap Wesselius)
- Microsoft Exchange Online, Hoofd in de wolken, voeten in de klei (Peter Noorderijk)
- Exchange en Troubleshooting (Jetze Mellema)
- Hoe integreert Exchange met IIS (Johan Veldhuis)
- PowerShell en de Exchange 2003 Administrator and Demoscript (Michel de Rooij en Maarten Piederiet)
Unfortunately, NGN decided not to publish the recorded sessions so I can’t share those with you.